We are coming to the end of our second study together. I hope that you have truly enjoyed spending time in God's word each day, focusing on being thankful. I know it has been difficult to study through the holidays, but I am so proud of each of you for pushing through! I also want to apologize for being absent here this past week. I took this past week to focus on my family and enjoy the Christmas season, and I hope you did too!
Here is this week's reading plan:
Monday - Isaiah 12:3-5
Tuesday - Ephesians 5:15-20
Wednesday - Philippians 4:4-8
Thursday - Colossians 3:14-17
Friday - I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Let's finish our holiday study strong, and next week we will jump feet first into the new year with the book of Proverbs. I am so excited to study Proverbs with you! Please feel free to comment on our "thankful verses" this week. Tell us how God is speaking to you, and share something you are thankful for.
We have four days left in 2015. I know many of us are making lists of goals we have for the new year. As you look to the new year, make it a priority to spend time with God each day. Read His Word, talk to Him, and be still and listen for Him. Ask God to show Himself to you in the small things. You will be amazed at how much more alert you will become to God's movement and His answers to prayer. Keep reading, Sweet Sisters!
I'm praying for you!
Well, Ladies, we have two weeks left in our Thanksgiving Study! I don't know about you, but these thankful Scriptures have turned my attitude completely around. It's very hard for me to go through one day without thinking of many things to be grateful for!
Here is this week's reading plan. I know it is Christmas week and many of us will be crazy busy, but don't forget to take time each day to spend with the Lord. After all, He is the reason we are celebrating this season!
Monday - Psalm 138:1-3
Tuesday - Psalm 145:1-5
Wednesday - Psalm 145:6-9
Thursday - Psalm 145:10-15
Friday - Psalm 145:16-21
I am also very excited to announce our next study! Our winter study will run for 12 weeks, and should end right around Easter. Starting January 4, 2016, we will be studying the books of Proverbs and Matthew. Our winter study reading plan will be announced as soon as we finish our Holiday Study!
Enjoy your reading this week and have a Merry Christmas!
As I have studied Psalm 136 this week, my heart has just soared. You see, in my own life, I have seen God work in unimaginable ways these past few months, for my family. So, every verse that I read this week has resonated with me and each time I have joyously and even through tears responded with: His faithful love endures forever!
There is reason to give thanks to the Lord. No matter what situation you are facing, there is something to praise Him for! Thank Him for His love. (Oh, how He loves us!) Thank Him for His miracles. (Big miracles and small miracles!) Thank Him for bringing His people out of the wilderness. (Are you walking through the wilderness today? Call on God. Trust Him. He will bring you out.) Thank Him for acting with a strong hand and powerful arm on your behalf. (God is always for you, He will not forsake you.) Thank Him for His provision. (We may not have all we want in this life, but we do have what we need.) Thank Him for overcoming evil. (There is so much evil in this world, but do not fear. God has overcome evil. God wins!)
Take the time today to focus on what you do have to be thankful for. What has God done for you? What has He done for your family? Thank God for these things and respond with love: His faithful love endures forever!
As I close today, I will leave you not with my words, but Scripture.
Psalm 136 (NLT)
1) Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever.
2) Give thanks to the God of gods. His faithful love endures forever.
3) Give thanks to the Lord of lords. His faithful love endures forever.
4) Give thanks to Him who alone does mighty miracles. His faithful love endures forever.
5) Give thanks to Him who made the heavens so skillfully. His faithful love endures forever.
6) Give thanks to Him who placed the earth among the waters. His faithful love endures forever.
7) Give thanks to Him who made the heavenly lights- His faithful love endures forever.
8) The sun to rule the day, His faithful love endures forever.
9) And the moon and stars to rule the night. His faithful love endures forever.
10) Give thanks to Him who killed the firstborn of Egypt. His faithful love endures forever.
11) He brought Israel out of Egypt. His faithful love endures forever.
12) He acted with a strong hand and powerful arm. His faithful love endures forever.
13) Give thanks to Him who parted the Red Sea. His faithful love endures forever.
14) He led Israel safely through, His faithful love endures forever.
15) But He hurled Pharaoh and his army into the Red Sea. His faithful love endures forever.
16) Give thanks to Him who led His people through the wilderness. His faithful love endures forever.
17) Give thanks to Him who struck down mighty kings. His faithful love endures forever.
18) He killed powerful kings - His faithful love endures forever.
19) Sihon king of the Amorites, His faithful love endures forever.
20) And Og king of Bashan. His faithful love endures forever.
21) God gave the land of these kings as an inheritance - His faithful love endures forever.
22) A special possession to His servant Israel. His faithful love endures forever.
23) He remembered us in our weakness. His faithful love endures forever.
24) He saved us from our enemies. His faithful love endures forever.
25) He gives food to every living thing. His faithful love endures forever.
26) Give thanks to the God of heaven. His faithful love endures forever.
This week's "Thanksgiving" study is going to be a little different. We are going to look at an entire chapter of Psalms this week: Psalm 136. If you are joining me in writing these Scriptures down each day, we will have a few more verses to write this week, but I promise you will be blessed through these verses. Focus on each verse, one by one, and give thanks to God for all He has done!
Weekly reading plan:
Monday - Psalm 136:1-3
Tuesday - Psalm 136:4-9
Wednesday - Psalm 136:10-16
Thursday - Psalm 136:17-22
Friday - Psalm 136:23-26
Many of you will recognize this Psalm as the basis of a popular praise song, "Forever" by Michael W. Smith. Psalm 136 is unique to all the Psalms because of its repeating refrain: "His faithful love endures forever." Although we do not know the author or occasion for this Psalm, we can guess that this Psalm may have been used by God's people as responsive worship. And oh what a way to worship! Thanking God for what He has done and then claiming His faithful love!
My prayer for each of us this week is for us to be immersed in God's faithful love and may we respond in faithful worship to Him!
Keep reading, Sweet Sisters!
Here is this week's reading plan. I'm sorry I'm just now getting this posted. I hope you are learning and enjoying our study of thankful Scriptures. I know I am! Each day has brought me something new and I can't help but be thankful to God for all He has done for me!
Monday - Psalm 105:1-5
Tuesday - Psalm 106:1-3
Wednesday - Psalm 107:1-3
Thursday - Psalm 108:1-5
Friday - Psalm 117:1-2
I encourage you to read these verses, write them down and then journal something you are thankful for!
"Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord our maker." ~ Psalm 95:6
My heart just sings at the realization that God is our maker. He created us, prepared for us, He loves us, He sacrificed for us and He has a future set up for us. All because we are His and He is our God. We are the people whom He loves and watches over!
Oh, thank you, Lord for watching over me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being my Shepherd and choosing me as Yours. In the sweet name of Jesus, amen.
What do you want to thank God for today?
It is good to proclaim Your unfailing love in the morning, Your faithfulness in the evening. ~ Psalm 92:2
Proclaim His unfailing love each morning. Start your day praising God, thanking Him for His unfailing love. He loves us in spite of ourselves. His love never fails!
Go to bed each night thanking God for His faithfulness. He has brought you through another day of life. No matter what your day has brought with it, whether it was a wonderful day filled with love, fun and laughter or the hardest day you have ever faced filled with grief, sorrow and devastation. Remeber, God is faithful. Every Word of His Scripture is true. His promises are true and His comfort, love and grace is for you, at all times. He is faithful!
What verse of today's reading has stood out to you today? What are you thankful for? Share God's love and faithfulness with us in the comments below.
Keep reading, Sweet Sisters!
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. "
Hi! I'm Andrea, wife to my handsome hubby, homeschooling mama to my 5 amazing blessings (with one more on the way), and daughter of the King of kings. I am so glad you have stopped by my little piece of the web. My prayer is that the Lord will use this blog to encourage you in your personal, daily walk with Christ.