October marks this blog's 2nd anniversary. When I began writing here, I didn't really know what to expect. I was only following a prompting from the Holy Spirit to reach out to Christian women and encourage and support their daily walk for Christ. For the past couple of weeks, I have been praying about this ministry and what the next step should be or if there is to even be a next step.
I don't blog here for money. I get absolutely NO compensation.
I don't blog here for internet status. I have few viewers and even less comments.
I don't blog here to grow my social accounts. I don't facebook, twitter, or instagram (though I am a pinterest junkie).
I don't blog to win any awards of blog presentation. As you can see, I barely post pictures, there have been very few in the past two years.
So, while praying this through and seeking God's guidance on whether to continue or not, I felt I needed to think about why I do blog here. What are the reasons for the time I do spend here and does it line up with what God is calling me to? Here's what I know.
The reasons that Redeeming Elegance exists:
1. From day one, the purpose of this blog was and is to bring glory to God in every word and thought expressed here. If the content of this blog doesn't bring Him glory and point to Him, then it can't be posted.
2. To encourage, support, and equip women in their daily walk with God. Most of us who grew up in Christian homes and within church, know a lot of what the Bible says, but most Christians don't make a point or time to truly study and know the Word. This is especially true for busy moms. It's hard to find time to shower, let alone spend time reading or studying something. The purpose here is to support all women in finding that time to read the Bible. The truth is, we can't continue to grow in our faith if we don't know God and what He truly wants of us.
3. To hold up the truths in Scripture. We are living in a fast-paced, society-driven, politically-correct world. And unfortunately, most of us believers are on that same train. We tend to follow the trends of the modern world and accept things, just because the current culture does. However, that's not how God works. The Bible is the only solid truth. It is God's Word. The Bible and it's message, does not change. It's the same now as it was when it was first written and it will be the same when this world comes to an end. God is the same now and always, He doesn't change. So, anything posted here is always tested against God's Word. If something doesn't line up with Scripture, it can't be encouraged here. This means, the passages in the Bible that are now considered controversial, are considered truth here. We won't change God's Word just to make others feel comfortable or to keep from stepping on toes. All of God's Word will be shared here and it is our daily goal to strive to follow God's Word.
4. To keep me, personally, accountable in my own walk with Christ. I am one of those busy moms I mentioned before. I am a happy, stay-at-home, homeschooling momma to 5 (almost 6) kids, wife to my hubby who owns his own business, and keeper of our home. I know what it's like not to have time to do everything I would like to do, so I needed this accountability as much as the next person.
5. To encourage daily reading of Scripture, not to teach it. The goal here is to share an easy, do-able reading schedule. I am not here to teach you the Bible, it's up to you to read it, study it, and pray through it. Let God speak to you. The things I share here are simply what God is teaching me through His Word, and it would be so encouraging for me to hear from you, what you are learning as well.
So, with these thoughts being penned down, and after much prayer, I have the same push as before. If this blog only helps one woman to grow stronger in her faith, closer to Christ, and more knowledgeable of Scripture, than I am doing what God has asked of me. Even if that one woman, turns out to be me. I'm okay with that.
"No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." ~ Micah 6:8
Moving Forward we will continue to study God's Word, chapter by chapter. I'll post a weekly reading plan and together we will be in Scripture every day. Along the way, I may post things that God has taught me, I may share an encouraging verse, a prayer request, or an encouragement from real life as a woman of God, a wife, a mom and a homeschooler. My prayer is that this site is always a support and encouragement to anyone who reads here and I truly pray for each reader. This is a safe place where you can share your prayer requests in the comment section and allow other believers to lift you up in prayer. Please share this with all the woman in your life, you never know who needs that extra support, encouragement or accountability in her walk of faith. So, here is to moving forward in our walk with Jesus! :)
Our Fall Study will begin Monday, September 11, 2017. We will start in the book of Romans and end with Exodus. Our study will run for about 12 weeks. I do hope you will join me in God's Word! Until then, check back. I may have a few posts for you between now and the start of our Fall Study.
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. "
Hi! I'm Andrea, wife to my handsome hubby, homeschooling mama to my 6 amazing blessings, and daughter of the King of kings. I am so glad you have stopped by my little piece of the web. My prayer is that the Lord will use this blog to encourage you in your personal, daily walk with Christ.